Practical Tips to Boost Your Small Business
Rapid advancements in technology have greatly impacted the way small businesses communicate with customers. I owned my business for 15 years prior to becoming a marketing Manager for FedEx Office. In the past couple of years, social media has become important for entrepreneurs to network, reach new and existing customers and learn from experts about how to run a business.
It’s important for us at FedEx Office to hear firsthand from small business owners about topics that are important and relevant to them. One way we have done this recently is through our FedEx Office Boost Your Small Business Tweet Chat series held last month. For those who may not be familiar with this new social media trend, a Tweet Chat is a scheduled discussion on Twitter open to anyone to discuss relevant and timely topics, typically with a subject matter expert. The guest experts for our series included Melinda Emerson (@SmallBizLady), host of the weekly #Smallbizchat Tweet Chat program; John Jantsch (@ducttape), founder of Duct Tape Marketing; and Anita Campbell (@SmallBizTrends), founder of SmallBizTrends.com.
People from around the world joined our Tweet Chats to ask questions and offer thoughts on a variety of topics important to small businesses including growing sales, advertising and branding. Our guest experts provided some great advice and I learned a lot as I moderated the three different Tweet Chats. Following are some of the tips.
- Do not be tempted to cut or eliminate marketing activities during slow economic times.
- Have quarterly face-to-face meetings or lunches with your top customers.
- Focus heavily on the headline of an advertisement, whether it be a call to action, story or an offer.
- Use landing pages to highlight social media activity and special offerings from your small business.
- Cheap is good for prices, but not for brand appearance.
- Core elements for small business marketing include a logo, website, domain name, social media and business cards.
For more tips and to view the full transcripts from this series, click the links below.
FedEx Office compensated Melinda Emerson, John Jantsch and Anita Campbell to participate as small business experts during the FedEx Office Boost Your Small Tweet Chat Series. Their advice (including the tips above) are theirs and not advice from FedEx Office.
You may also like:
November 25, 2015
More like this in blog
October 1, 2015
More like this in blog