FedEx Delivers the Holidays: Holiday 2012 News & Updates
FedEx has 300,000 team members working around the clock and around the world to deliver the holidays. Check back regularly for all the latest news, tips, infographics and information on the Busiest Time of Year at FedEx. We’ll also have some helpful and behind-the-scenes takes on the holidays at our blog, so be sure to stop by.
Holiday Press Releases:
- With Time Running Out, FedEx Express Offers Industry's Latest Cutoff for Holiday Deliveries – Tomorrow, Saturday, December 22 will be the last day to ship holiday presents via FedEx Express (NYSE: FDX) for delivery in the continental U.S. by December 24.
- FedEx Ground Celebrates Record-Setting Holiday Shppping Season with Opening Bell Ringing at the NYSE – FedEx Ground team members from the local New York area ring the opening bell on last day to ship FedEx Ground, December 17.
- FedEx Readies to Move 19 Million Packages on Busiest Day – The 300,000 FedEx team members and approximately 20,000 seasonal personnel will have their hands full on December 10, the company's busiest day in history when 19 million packages will be moved through the FedEx network.
- Wrap it Up, Pack it Up and Ship it Out in Time for the Holidays with Help from FedEx – FedEx provides expert tips for packing and shipping gifts this holiday season.
- FedEx to Deliver Symbols of Holiday Cheer to U.S. Service Members and Their Families – For the eighth year in a row, FedEx is once again honoring America’s servicemen and women by delivering real Christmas trees to military personnel and their families through the annual Trees for Troops program.
- FedEx Office Extends Support for Superstorm Sandy Victims with Nationwide Pack, Ship & Give Program – From November 26 through December 2, 2012, for each Pack & Ship transaction, FedEx Office will donate $1 to the Food Bank For New York City and Community FoodBank of New Jersey, up to $50,000. Each dollar donated will provide five warm meals through the Food Bank For New York City or $10 worth of groceries through the Community FoodBank of New Jersey.
- Take a Break from Holiday Stress with FedEx Office® – FedEx Office shares a list of stress busting tips to help streamline the holiday season.
- FedEx Office Survey: Small Businesses Anticipate a Happy Holiday – FedEx Office sponsored a survey in order to gauge the sentiments of small business retailers as they head into the holiday season. Forty-three percent of small business retailers feel optimistic heading into the season.
- FedEx Delivers Second Year “Shop Small®” Support with $1M Small Business Saturday® Gift Card Giveaway – For the second year running, FedEx will inject $1 million into the economy by giving away 40,000 Shop-Small® American Express Gift Cards, each worth $25, to consumers via Facebook, which consumers can use at small businesses in their communities.
- Record FedEx Holiday Volume to be Driven by E-Commerce – FedEx Corp. is expecting a ten percent, year-over-year package volume increase this year on its projected busiest day in history – December 10. Company forecasters expect FedEx will move approximately 19 million shipments through its global networks on that day.
- Trees for Troops: Delivering "O Tannenbaum" to Military Service Members at Home & Abroad
- FedEx Holiday Calendar Infographic
- FedEx Packing Tips Infographic
Holiday B-Roll Footage & Images:
- 2012 B-Roll available on TheNewsMarket.com and Vimeo
- Image: Team members at FedEx Express sort packages for the holiday
- Image: Packages flood the sorting belt at a FedEx Express facility
- Image: Team members load FedEx Express trucks in preparation for a busy day
- Image: FedEx Express packages out for delivery
- Image: FedEx Express team member delivering packages
- Image: FedEx Office team member bubble wrapping a package
- Image: FedEx Office team members offer expert packing and shipping advice
- Image: FedEx Home Delivery truck
- Image: FedEx Ground truck making deliveries
Trees for Troops Images
- Image: Soldiers carrying Christmas trees
- Image: FedEx Trees for Troops volunteers
- Image: FedEx volunteer carrying Christmas tree
Spanish-Language Media Materials:
- Envuelva, Empaque y Envíe a Tiempo para las Fiestas con la Ayuda de FedEx
- Tómese un Descanso del Estrés de las Fiestas con FedEx Office®
- Volumen Récord de FedEx Durante Período de Fiestas Será Impulsado por Comercio Electrónico
You may also like:
November 20, 2015
More like this in blog