FedEx Express Begins Domestic Service in Colombia
BOGOTA, September 05, 2011 – Continuing its Latin American growth strategy, FedEx Express a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) announced today the launch of FedEx Express Nacional, a domestic next-business-day service providing reliable, convenient and high-quality express shipping solutions for businesses in Colombia’s main cities (Bogotá, Medellín, Cali, Barranquilla, Cartagena and Bucaramanga). It also serves multinationals who move goods within the country.
Earlier in 2011, FedEx Express began providing direct international service throughout Colombia, and the addition of FedEx Express Nacional further extends the company’s long-term investment in this key Latin American market by broadening its portfolio of shipping options for large and small companies.
The availability of FedEx Express Nacional gives the company’s customers in Colombia the convenience of working with a single provider for both domestic and international shipping needs. It marks the second such service in Latin America, building on the success of FedEx Express Nacional in Mexico.
“The launch of FedEx Express Nacional demonstrates our continued commitment to Colombia and our confidence in its future growth,” said Eduardo Berrizbeitia, general manager, FedEx Express Colombia. “We are now delivering Colombian businesses the same high-quality service, reliability and unparalleled transportation expertise that FedEx provides in over 220 countries and territories around the world.”
FedEx Express has been successfully serving Colombia since 1993. With the launch this year of international direct service and domestic services, the company is expected to bring more than 200 new jobs to Colombia over the next two years.
The FedEx Express Nacional domestic offering includes:
- FedEx Nacional Día Siguiente A.M.: Next business-day delivery before noon for documents and packages, weighing up to 68 kg within Bogotá, Medellín, Cali, Barranquilla, Cartagena and Bucaramanga.
- FedEx Nacional Día Siguiente: Next business-day delivery by the end of the business day for packages weighing up to 68 kg within Bogotá, Medellín, Cali, Barranquilla, Cartagena and Bucaramanga.
- FedEx Nacional Económico: Delivery between 2 to 5 business days, depending on the destination for documents weighing up to 1 kg and packages weighing up to 68 kg. Pickup is available within Bogotá, Medellín, Cali, Barranquilla, Cartagena and Bucaramanga and delivery nationwide.
- FedEx Carga Nacional Prioritaria: Delivery between 1 to 2 business day for packages weighing over 68 kg. Pickup and delivery are available within Bogotá, Medellín, Cali and Barranquilla.
- FedEx Carga Nacional Económica: Delivery between 2 to 5 business days for packages weighing over 68 kg. Pickup and delivery are available within Bogotá, Medellín, Cali and Barranquilla.
The broad portfolio of FedEx shipping options offers door-to-door, time-definite delivery, with an automated solution for practically every step of the shipping process and a Money Back Guarantee. These are all backed by a dedicated FedEx team to meet customer’s needs.
About FedEx Express Latin America & Caribbean
FedEx Express Latin America and Caribbean division services more than 50 countries and territories throughout the region and employs more than 8,000 people committed to total customer satisfaction. FedEx Express LAC has acted as a pillar of growth for the region and continues its commitment through the FedEx PyMEx program, the first initiative to partner with small and medium exporters by offering innovative ways to access the global marketplace
About FedEx Corp.
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $39 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 290,000 team members to remain "absolutely, positively" focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. For more information, visit news.fedex.com.
You may also like:
September 26, 2016
T. Michael Glenn to Retire as FedEx Corp. Executive Vice President, Market Development and Corporate Communications
More like this in Newsroom
March 1, 2016
More like this in Newsroom