The Busiest Day in the 40 Year History of FedEx is Monday, December 2
WHAT: The Busiest Day in FedEx history is Monday, December 2. On this day FedEx will handle 22 million packages in one day – the most out of any one day in the 40 year history of the company! December 2 also kicks off the Busiest Week for FedEx, during which the company will be handling more than 85 million packages.
WHEN: Monday, December 2 – also known as Cyber Monday
FUN FACTS ABOUT THE FEDEX BUSIEST DAY:
– FedEx is shipping 11% more packages this year than last year’s Busiest Day
– Package volumes on Busiest Day have almost doubled since 2007 when we shipped 11.5MM packages on that day
– More than 125 packages per second will be handled on Busiest Day
– This is the earliest Busiest Day in the company’s history, a testament to the growing power of eCommerce in the holiday season
HOW DOES FEDEX MANAGE ALL THOSE PACKAGES IN ONE DAY?
The FedEx network is vast and well-equipped to manage the high package volumes. The network includes:
– 300,000+ team members
– 90,000+ vehicles
– 630+ aircraft
– 1,800+ FedEx Office locations
– More than 1,200 FedEx Express and 500 FedEx Ground facilities
– Many modes of transportation, including boats and gondolas, electric tricycles, all-electric delivery vans and hybrid-electric delivery vans
– The Memphis World Hub that, when working at peak capacity, sorts 500,000 packages per hour across 42 miles of conveyor belt
To learn more about the FedEx Busiest Day or schedule an interview, call the FedEx Media Relations Hotline at 901-434-8100 or email email@example.com.
B-roll is available for download upon request. Satellite feeds are also scheduled daily. Please contact us at 901-434-8100 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details. This footage is made available free for unrestricted use. If used, please courtesy FedEx.
You may also like:
November 6, 2017
FedEx Package Pickup and Drop-Off Now Available at More Than 7,500 Walgreens Locations In All 50 States
More like this in Newsroom