FedEx Diversity and Inclusion: Values in Action
At FedEx, diversity is more than a buzzword. We have more than 300,000 team members around the world. They come from different backgrounds. They have unique cultural traditions. They speak many different languages. But they all have one thing in common: They’re FedEx team members.
Diversity was a core FedEx value well before we expanded internationally. Our company was founded on a people-first philosophy, and respect for everyone has always been an everyday business practice. It’s built into our Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement:
Our diverse workforce, supplier base, and supporting culture enable FedEx to better serve our customers and compete more effectively in the global marketplace.
We value the diverse life experiences and perspectives of all team members. Our commitment to diversity is further enriched by an inclusive culture that leverages those unique experiences and perspectives to drive team member engagement, innovation, and business growth.
We put those words into action every day.
- More than 40 percent of our U.S. workforce and 28 percent of our management team are minorities.
- Our Corporate Diversity Council supports multicultural programs within FedEx and the communities we serve.
- Since 1992, our companywide Supplier Diversity Program has promoted the use of small businesses and those owned by women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities, veterans, and others throughout our supply chain. For more information, go to suppliers.fedex.com.
- We have a long history of proudly providing scholarships and supporting initiatives that help empower minority students and young professionals to become effective leaders in school, business, and the community. We work with organizations like the Hispanic Scholarship Fund, UNCF, American Indian College Fund and the Asian Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund.
- We have eight affinity groups: African-American, Hispanic, Asian, Women, Cancer Support, Multifaith, LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) and Friends, and U.S. Military Veterans. All of these groups celebrate diversity and promote cultural education.
On one hand, supporting diversity is a smart business practice. Our diverse workforce, supplier base, and supporting culture all enable FedEx to better serve customers and compete in the global marketplace. But there’s another, far more important reason why we embrace Diversity and Inclusion: It’s simply the right thing to do.
To learn more, read our Global Citizenship Report.
You may also like:
September 25, 2015
More like this in blog