FedEx Diversity and Inclusion: Values in Action
At FedEx, we’re as diverse as the world we serve. From Harlem to Hong Kong, from Sao Paulo to Sydney, the world of FedEx is all about connecting people, places and cultures. To meet the needs of a diverse customer base, we reflect that diversity within our organization and celebrate it in communities around the world.
Our company was founded on a people-first philosophy, and respect for everyone has always been an everyday business practice. Our diverse workforce, supplier base, and supporting culture all enable FedEx to better serve customers and compete in the global marketplace.
What we stand for
Diversity & Inclusion at FedEx connects people and possibilities to deliver a better future for team members, customers, suppliers, and communities.
- We are the employer of choice
- Attracting top talent
- Developing and advancing our talent
- We deliver business results
- Driving engagement through inclusion
- Focusing on quality
- Providing innovative solutions
- We enrich the world
- Investing in our communities
- Serving people where we live and work
We put those words into action every day.
- More than 40 percent of our U.S. workforce and 28 percent of our management team are minorities.
- We have a company-wide supplier diversity program in place. Our Diverse Supplier Spend – FY13: $4.1 billion, FY14: $6.5 billion, and in FY15: $6.7 billion.
- FedEx companies are military friendly employers, and actively seek to be a presence at veteran hiring events. We have a strong campus presence at Historically Black Colleges and Universities, local and national organizations that support the advancement of minorities, women and traditionally underserved groups. We actively recruit qualified people with disabilities and units with workforce advocates to better support our efforts in accessibility and recruitment.
- We support many external organizations throughout the world that help empower women, veterans, people with disabilities, LGBT communities and traditionally underrepresented groups.
- We have a long history of providing scholarships and supporting initiatives that help empower minority students and young professionals to become effective leaders in school, business, and the community.
- Through our college intern program FedEx gives students from all backgrounds the opportunity to create their own career paths across various departments within FedEx.
On one hand, supporting diversity and inclusion is a smart business practice. Research proves there are many benefits for businesses that make diversity a priority and promote inclusion. But there’s another, far more important reason why we embrace Diversity and Inclusion: It’s simply the right thing to do.
You may also like:
March 7, 2016
More like this in blog