FedEx also has extensive recycling programs in place at our operating companies. These efforts help divert millions of pounds from landfills.
- The office recycling program at FedEx Corporation, FedEx Services and FedEx Express locations in Memphis, Tenn., has collected more than 5.3 million pounds of paper, cardboard, plastic and metal for recycling.
- FedEx Ground’s Ground Green program has recycled 44.8 million pounds of paper, cardboard, metal and plastic since FY2007. The Dallas, Texas corporate headquarters of FedEx Office has recycled more than 100 tons of materials since January 2007.
- In 2009, FedEx recycled a total of 43.9 million pounds of waste materials, in 2008, 17.6 million pounds.
- FedEx Express and FedEx Office recycled more than 2.12 million pounds of e-waste in 2009.
- FedEx Freight has recycled over 1 million pounds combined of paper, plastic, cardboard, mixed product, light bulbs, and metal and over 2,000 GMA pallets in CY 2009.
- fluorescent light bulbs
- electronic equipment
- inkjet and toner printer cartridges
- paper and cardboard packaging
- waste oil