10 Things You Need to Know About the FedEx 2016 Annual Report
Check out the 2016 FedEx Annual Report to learn more about our accomplishments over the last year and where we’re heading. Here are 10 things to know:
- FedEx Corporation revenue exceeded $50 billion for the first time in company history.
- FedEx expects positive financial momentum to continue into FY17.
- FedEx returned more than $8.8 billion to shareowners from FY14 through FY16.
- Most FedEx team members earned higher variable incentive compensation year-over-year.
- The FedEx network reaches more than 220 countries and territories around the globe, linking more than 90 percent of the world’s GDP.
- FedEx Ground invested $1.6 billion in FY16 on automated hubs and stations to more quickly process growing volumes of packages.
- FedEx is one of the most profitable e-commerce companies in the world.
- The overall market for international door-to-door express shipping continues to increase, driven by e-commerce. Nearly every business and person on the planet can order an item online and have it affordably transported and delivered door-to-door by FedEx in one or two business days.
- Five years ahead of plan, FedEx Express surpassed its goal to boost vehicle fuel efficiency 30 percent by 2020 from a 2005 baseline.
- Customer stories bring the annual report to life. One that’s featured in an online video is the Rendezvous — famous for its Memphis BBQ ribs — which spreads its soulful culinary experience around the United States with help from FedEx.
There is plenty more we think you’ll find of interest, and we hope you drop by the website for additional perspectives, including the annual letter to shareowners from Frederick W. Smith, chairman, president and CEO; and insights about online shipping and shopping by Rajesh Subramaniam, executive vice president, global marketing. You’ll also find an animated map showing the combined FedEx Express and TNT Express network in Europe, and several videos highlighting the role FedEx plays in e-commerce, trade, safety and sustainability.
You may also like:
February 22, 2018
More like this in blog
January 16, 2018
More like this in Newsroom