Did You Know? 10 Things About the 2017 FedEx Annual Report
Check out the 2017 FedEx Annual Report to learn about our accomplishments in the 2017 fiscal year and our plans for the future. Here are 10 highlights:
- FedEx Corp. revenue exceeded $60 billion for the first time in company history.
- Dave Bronczek joined FedEx in 1976 as a package handler. In 2017, he became President and COO.
- We integrated TNT Express with FedEx Express operations in 64 countries, with more to come in the next fiscal year.
- FedEx Express added 14 B767F aircraft to our fleet, replacing less-efficient ones.
- FedEx Ground revenue per package increased 5 percent.
- We added 10 million square feet of FedEx Ground operating space before the 2016 peak holiday shipping season.
- To offer our customers more convenient pickup and drop-off options, FedEx will be in nearly 8,000 Walgreens locations prior to the upcoming holiday season.
- There are 50 percent more registered users of FedEx Delivery Manager® — an online tool that lets recipients customize deliveries and notifications — compared with last year.
- FedEx Freight added 100 compressed natural gas (CNG) tractors to the fleet. CNG is cleaner-burning than diesel fuel.
- Advanced safety technology has been installed in 80 percent of FedEx Freight trucks, with plans to update 100 percent of the fleet by the end of the next fiscal year.
I hope you’ll visit our website to dig deeper into these topics and read the annual letter to shareowners from Frederick W. Smith, Chairman and CEO. You’ll also find much more there, including videos about the role FedEx plays in e-commerce and our sustainability achievements.