FedEx Expands Service in Mexico
Yesterday FedEx Express issued a press release announcing it is increasing service capabilities in Mexico both domestically and internationally.
The announcement goes on to say::
“FedEx is currently expanding its air cargo terminal and bonded warehouse facility at Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla International Airport in Guadalajara, Jalisco, which serves as a principal center of operations for FedEx Express international and domestic shipments in Mexico.
Some key statistics about FedEx Express in Mexico:
- The FedEx Guadalajara facility expansion will add more than 41,613 square feet of warehouse space; total area of the new facility will be nearly 85,000 square feet
- Exports and imports transferred in Guadalajara, according to the Mexico Institute of Transportation, stands at 90,000 tons every year
- The newly-opened FedEx hub in San Luis Potos covers more than 22,000 square feet and has the capacity to process 6,000 shipments per hour
- The new San Luis Potos facility is 100 percent automated
- San Luis Potos features 18 truck docks with hydraulic platforms, 550 square feet of automated roller bed system and nearly 230 square feet of gravity roller bed for package sorting
- Juan Cento: “Mexico is leading our business growth in the region…express shipping market in Mexico projected to grow to $1.5 billion in the next 10 years”
You may also like:
June 3, 2018
More like this in Newsroom