Keep the Holidays Happy and Bright — Tips for Keeping Packages Safe
It’s that time of year again!
You’ve done your research, you’ve hit the stores (both in person and online) and now you feel confident you have the perfect presents for your friends and family.
At FedEx, we know the excitement of delivering joy, whether that’s a package ordered from a favorite online store, or a handmade present shipped to family across the country.
To make sure your holidays are as joyful as possible, we’re sharing a few tips on how to keep your packages safe this season.
- Customize your deliveries. Use FedEx Delivery Manager® to customize your residential deliveries. You can change the time and location of delivery and even ask FedEx to hold your package if you know you’ll be out of the house when we try to deliver. Sign up for free at fedex.com/delivery.
- Consider an alternate destination. When you order something online, consider sending the package to your workplace or to a family member, friend or neighbor who is home during the day to accept delivery.
- Send it to your nearest FedEx Office location. You can have your deliveries sent to the nearest FedEx Office location and we’ll hold it for you for up to five business days. FedEx provides this service at no added cost. If it’s a FedEx Express® package, you can also have your package sent to one of our FedEx Express stations. Find the location nearest you at fedex.com/locate.
- Request a signature. Many packages today are sent without requiring a signature for delivery. If you’re shipping something of high value — or you just want to be sure items aren’t left unattended — you can require a signature for packages to be released. Only the shipper can make this request.
- Request a vacation hold. Taking a holiday trip to visit family or friends? You can request a vacation hold on all shipments for up to 14 days.
- Redirect your packages even when they’re already on the way. With FedEx Delivery Manager, you’ll be alerted to every FedEx® package headed to your home, even if you don’t have the tracking number. If you know you won’t be home, just redirect it to another FedEx location.
- Leave Special Instructions. Use FedEx Delivery Manager to leave instructions for drivers to leave your package in a specific location such as the back door or in the garage. is being left. You can also let your driver know your instructions by calling 1.800.GoFedEx (1.800.463.3339).
With these package safety tips, you can rest easy and enjoy your holiday.
For more information about FedEx Delivery Manager, please go to fedex.com/us/delivery.
You may also like:
November 1, 2017
More like this in blog