Seven Tips for Keeping Packages Safe This Holiday Season
FedEx wants to help make sure you have a hassle-free holiday season this year.
We have more than 325,000 team members around the world dedicated to helping the holidays arrive. While we do our utmost to ensure the safe and secure delivery of every package, there are steps our customers can take for added peace of mind.
FedEx Delivery Manager® gives customers more power to customize home deliveries to fit their schedules. Sign up is free at fedex.com/delivery.
- Consider an alternate destination. When you order something online, consider sending the package to your workplace or to a family member, friend or neighbor who is home during the day to accept delivery.
- Send it to your nearest FedEx Office location. You can have your deliveries sent to the nearest FedEx Office location, and we’ll hold it for you for up to five business days. FedEx provides this service at no added cost. If it’s a FedEx Express® package, you can also have your package sent to one of our FedEx Express stations. Find the location nearest you at fedex.com/locate.
- Request a signature. Many packages today are sent without requiring a signature for delivery. If you’re shipping something of high value — or you just want to be sure items aren’t left unattended — you can require a signature for packages to be released. Either the shipper or the recipient can make this request.
- Request a vacation hold. Taking a holiday trip to visit family or friends? You can request a vacation hold on all shipments for up to 14 days.
- Ask for a ring. Use FedEx Delivery Manager to let your driver know you want a ring—or a knock. You can leave instructions for drivers to always ring your doorbell or knock on your door when a package is being left. Do you like your packages left behind the big planter or tucked behind the grill beside the back door? Use FedEx Delivery Manager® to leave one-time-only or standing instructions for where you want FedEx to leave your deliveries. You can also let your driver know your instructions by calling 1.800.463.3339.
- Schedule your delivery. Request to get your delivery on your time, not ours. Pick a delivery time and date that works for you.
- Redirect your packages even when they’re already on the way. With FedEx Delivery Manager, you’ll be alerted of every FedEx® package headed to your home, even if you don’t have the tracking number. If you know you won’t be home and want to send the delivery somewhere else, just redirect it to where you’ll be, or another secure location.
The new FedEx Delivery Mobile app is now available for iPhones via the app store and gives package recipients the ability to electronically sign for a package, request a vacation hold or choose a Hold at FedEx location.
*Click to the image to see the Package Security Tips infographic as jpg, or click here to download it as a pdf.
You may also like:
October 25, 2017
More like this in blog