5 Reasons You Should Care About Small Business Saturday®
Nov. 26 is Small Business Saturday, a nationwide shopping tradition that kicks off the holiday season.
Why care about Small Business Saturday?
- Be in good company. On a day that is all about celebrating small businesses, millions of people across the country Shop Small® – 95 million in 2015, including Miss Piggy.
- Get inspired. When you engage with the people who make up the business, you will learn their story and the story behind the products you are buying.
- Feel good about spending money. Whether you are buying a gift or a little something for yourself, your dollars have a direct impact on the small business while also supporting your community.
- Help create jobs. Small businesses create more than half of U.S. jobs so, when you Shop Small, you help boost the economy.
- Have fun. Many businesses embrace the day by planning special festivities – get your friends together for a tour of your local businesses. Visit the American Express Shop Small Map.
FedEx is proud to be a Corporate Supporter of Small Business Saturday, founded by American Express in 2010.
1.The statistic cited is an estimate based on consumer self-reported data from the Small Business Saturday Consumer Insights Survey commissioned by American Express and the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB).The survey was conducted anonymously by independent marketing performance specialist, Ebiquity, on November 29, 2015 among a nationally representative sample of 2,363 males and females 18 years of age or older. That sample was collected using an email invitation and an online survey, which has an overall margin of error of +/- 2.0%, at the 95% level of confidence.
2.Estimate is based on consumer self-reported data from a 2015 American Express and NFIB-commissioned survey.
You may also like:
April 30, 2018
More like this in blog
April 24, 2018
More like this in Newsroom