Eight FedEx Drivers Earn Honors at the Arkansas Truck Driving Championship
ROGERS, Ark. – June 11, 2012 – Eight drivers representing FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) operating companies placed among the top finishers at the 2012 Arkansas State Truck Driving Championship in Rogers on June 8-9.
- Jeff Cochran, a driver for FedEx Freight based in Texarkana, finished first in the Twins class for his second state title. He also earned the Grand Champion title for achieving the highest score among the winners of all classes and also posted the best score in the Pre-Trip Inspection portion of the competition.
- Casey Faulkner, driver for Diamond Hogz Logistics based at the FedEx Ground station in Jonesboro, captured the top spot in the Step Van class.
- Mark Werner (Blytheville) and Leonard Richey (West Memphis), both drivers for FedEx Freight, posted second-place finishes in the Twins and 3-Axle classes, respectively.
- Fort Smith-based FedEx Express drivers Kara Irvin and Samuel Irvin finished second and third, respectively, in the Step Van class.
- FedEx Freight drivers Chris Parker (Pine Bluff) and Timothy Moore (West Memphis) posted third place finishes in the 4-Axle and 3-Axle classes, respectively.
Cochran and Faulkner will go on to compete at the American Trucking Associations’ 2012 National Truck Driving Championships (NTDC), known as the “Super Bowl of Safety,” August 7-11 in Minneapolis, Minn. In addition, each state winner will be recognized by FedEx as part of its safe driving initiative, The Chairman’s Challenge.
“The entire team of drivers representing FedEx is dedicated to safety. It is an integral part of everything they do,” said Frederick W. Smith, chairman, president and CEO, FedEx Corp. “The performance of these participants at the Arkansas championship is a testament to their commitment to safety excellence.”
The Arkansas State Truck Driving Championship is an opportunity for professional truck drivers to demonstrate their driving skills and safety expertise. The event includes a difficult driving skills test, pre-trip inspection and written examination covering vehicle operation and knowledge of federal safety regulations.
In 2011, 115 driving professionals from 45 states representing FedEx Freight, FedEx Ground, FedEx Express, and FedEx Custom Critical qualified to compete at the National Truck Driving Championships by winning their respective state’s competition and driving accident-free for at least one year. One FedEx competitor captured the National Champion title in the Step Van class. In addition, FedEx drivers earned nine additional top-three finishes in their respective vehicle classes.
You may also like:
May 22, 2018
More like this in blog