Eight FedEx Drivers Earn Honors at the North Dakota Truck Driving Championship
FARGO, N.D. – June 4, 2012 – Eight drivers representing FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) operating companies placed among the top finishers at the 2012 North Dakota State Truck Driving Championship in Fargo on June 2.
- Chris Tande, owner of DTDS Corporation domiciled in the FedEx Ground station in Fargo, earned first place in the Step Van class for the second straight year. He also earned the Grand Champion title for achieving the highest score among the winners of all classes.
- John Janousek, a driver for FedEx Freight based in Fargo, took home his eighth state title with a win in the Twins class.
- Grand Forks-based FedEx Freight driver Joe Honek had his third-straight win, this year in the Straight Truck class.
- Scott Meyers a driver for FedEx Freight based in Fargo, posted the top finish in the 4-Axle class. This is also his third state title.
- Ron Ackerland finished second in the 3-Axle class. He is a driver for FedEx Freight based in Fargo.
- Grand Forks-based FedEx Express driver Bob Benson finished second in the 5-Axle class.
- Kalie Senger, a driver for Big Green Contracting, Inc. based at the FedEx Ground station in Grand Forks, finished third in the Step Van class.
- FedEx Freight driver Wayne Krueger (Fargo) finished third in the 5-Axle Sleeper class.
Tande, Janousek, Honek and Meyers will go on to compete at the American Trucking Associations’ 2012 National Truck Driving Championships (NTDC), known as the “Super Bowl of Safety,” August 7-11 in Minneapolis, Minn. In addition, each state winner will be recognized by FedEx as part of its safe driving initiative, The Chairman’s Challenge.
“The entire team of drivers representing FedEx is dedicated to safety. It is an integral part of everything they do,” said Frederick W. Smith, chairman, president and CEO, FedEx Corp. “The performance of these participants at the North Dakota championship is a testament to their commitment to safety excellence.”
The North Dakota State Truck Driving Championship is an opportunity for professional truck drivers to demonstrate their driving skills and safety expertise. The event includes a difficult driving skills test, pre-trip inspection and written examination covering vehicle operation and knowledge of federal safety regulations.
In 2011, 115 driving professionals from 45 states representing FedEx Freight, FedEx Ground, FedEx Express, and FedEx Custom Critical qualified to compete at the National Truck Driving Championships by winning their respective state’s competition and driving accident-free for at least one year. One FedEx competitor captured the National Champion title in the Step Van class. In addition, FedEx drivers earned nine additional top-three finishes in their respective vehicle classes.
You may also like:
November 13, 2019
More like this in blog