FedEx Anticipates Record Holiday Volume
October 28, 2014
FedEx Express Canada
MISSISSAUGA, Ont., Oct. 28, 2014 –FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) expects to see its busiest holiday season in company history when it moves more than 290 million global shipments between Black Friday and Christmas Eve, an 8.8 percent year-over-year volume increase.
The season is expected to be bolstered by three volume spikes throughout December, occurring the first three Mondays of the month, with each expected to surpass 20 million in volume.
December 15 is projected to be the busiest day in company history, with a forecasted 22.6 million shipments moving around the world.
“More than ever, Canadians will turn to FedEx to help make their holidays season a success,” said Lisa Lisson, president of FedEx Express Canada. “We welcome this opportunity to make the holiday season easier and stress-free for Canadians and to exceed our customers’ expectations.”
FedEx has anticipated the continued boom in online purchasing with a broad suite of investments and shipping solutions designed for customer convenience, especially during the holidays. FedEx’s retail expansion and broad-suite of service options are designed with Canadians in mind. This includes:
• Establishing agreements with participating Home Hardware and Super C locations while opening new FedEx Office locations across Canada to expand FedEx’s shipping retail network. This creates more local points-of-access for Canadians located in urban and rural areas;
• FedEx Hold at Location through FedEx Express and FedEx Office locations— allows customers to better control their delivery options, minimizing missed deliveries and returns;
• For Canadians with the luxury of time this holiday season, FedEx Ground, offering one to seven day service across Canada at economical rates.
• FedEx offers expedited shipping options for Canadians who require immediate, worry-free shipping options, such as FedEx Priority Overnight® and FedEx First Overnight®, offering next business day morning delivery to most metropolitan areas of Canada, right up to December 24th;
• Expanded delivery times with FedEx Express with delivery on Saturdays to most major cities in Canada and to select international points;
• For Canadians with family and friends who will be abroad for the holidays, they can count on FedEx International Priority® and FedEx International First®, with morning next business day delivery to select cities in the USA, second-business-day morning delivery to most cities in Europe and Latin America, and third-business-day morning delivery to most cities in Asia.
The unparalleled FedEx global network, offers time-definite delivery to more than 220 countries and territories that comprise more than 90 percent of the world’s GDP within one to three days.
The impact of the expected higher volumes was included in the company’s earnings guidance issued in September.
FedEx takes the worry out your holiday shipping with various tools such as online tracking options, packaging services, and a diverse range of custom delivery arrangements.
Visit www.fedex.ca to learn how FedEx can serve you this holiday season!
FedEx Volume Over the Years
FedEx has experienced steady growth in holiday volumes over the years. A breakdown of the busiest days since 2007 follows:
• Dec. 17, 2007 – 11.5 million shipments
• Dec. 15, 2008 – 12 million shipments
• Dec. 14, 2009 – 14.2 million shipments
• Dec. 13, 2010 – 15.6 million shipments
• Dec. 12, 2011 –17.2 million shipments
• Dec. 17, 2012 –19.9 million shipments
• Dec. 16, 2013 – 22 million shipments
About FedEx Corp.
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $46 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world's most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 300,000 team members to remain "absolutely, positively" focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. For more information, visit news.fedex.com.
Certain statements in this press release may be considered “forward-looking” statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 with respect to future events and financial performance. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from those contemplated (expressed or implied) by such forward-looking statements, because of, among other things, economic conditions in the global markets in which we operate, the impact of any international conflicts or terrorist activities, disruptions to the Internet or our technology infrastructure, the impact of changes in fuel prices and foreign currency exchange rates and adverse weather conditions or natural disasters, as well as the other risks and uncertainties you can find in FedEx’s and its subsidiaries’ press releases and SEC filings, including the risk factors in FedEx’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K, as updated by FedEx’s quarterly reports on Form 10-Q.
# # #
You may also like:
February 11, 2019
Determined and Extremely Capable: FedEx Captain Tahirah Lamont Brown is Poised to Set an Example Every Day
More like this in blog