FedEx Demonstrates Healthcare Strength at BioTaiwan 2016
FedEx® Healthcare Solutions Safeguards the Integrity of Healthcare Shipments
TAIPEI, July 20, 2016 — FedEx Express (FedEx), a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) and one of the world’s largest express transportation companies, will again be showcasing its FedEx® Healthcare Solutions at the BioTaiwan 2016, which will be held at the Taipei World Trade Center Nangang Exhibition Hall on July 21-24. During the show, FedEx will organize two seminars on July 21 to share insights into how businesses can leverage supply chain solutions to harness the fast-growing healthcare opportunities.
Taiwan is among markets with the highest healthcare spending per capita in Asia Pacific, with national health expenditure reaching NT$996 billion a year, a 33 percent increase compared with ten years earlier. The local biotechnology market alone is valued at NT$288 billion, and the government’s promotion plans are expected to drive the market’s revenue to NT$500 billion by 2020.
“Today, supply chain is increasingly a strategic differentiator for success in healthcare,” said Michael Chu, managing director, FedEx Express, Taiwan. “To grasp the multi-billion dollar healthcare opportunities, businesses must enhance their supply chain to improve their cost efficiency and access to healthcare products. The benefits will be seen not just in the bottom lines of businesses, but critically, in the well-being of millions of patients.”
FedEx offers a range of specialized solutions to help healthcare businesses move life-saving shipments through the FedEx global network. Gene Health, a local genetic testing service provider, is one of the many companies that benefits from healthcare logistics. As patients’ specimens are fully personalized, any damages or delays during the shipping process, however minor, could compromise the quality of the specimens, leading to potential concerns for prenatal diagnosis, carrier screening and cancer genomics testing. In order to tackle this issue, Gene Health chooses FedEx® Cold Shipping Package and FedEx International Priority shipping service to ensure their time- and temperature-sensitive shipments remain intact from end to end.
Some of the FedEx solutions displayed at the BioTaiwan 2016 include:
- FedEx® Cold Shipping Package: This easy-to-use, reliable, cost-effective and environmentally-friendly package achieves a temperature of 4°C in less than five minutes without the use of gel packs and maintains a refrigerated environment of 2-8°C for up to 96 hours.
- FedEx® Deep Frozen Shipping Solution: This environmentally-friendly solution uses a liquid nitrogen dry vapor technology that keeps sensitive materials at a temperature of -150°C or below for up to 10 days and is classified by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) as a non-hazardous dry shipper.
- FedEx® Thermal Blanket Solution: This comprehensive, end-to-end, cost-effective global solution is ideal for customers who need their large freight shipments to travel in the 15-25°C temperature range, with insulation protection against direct sunlight, rain, humidity and tarmac heat from end to end.
- FedEx Priority AlertTM: This monitoring solution offers 24/7 support from a team of dedicated global service analysts who provide an added level of proactive monitoring and notification of the status of a shipment. FedEx Priority Alert PlusTM provides further proactive recovery assistance, including dry ice replenishment, gel pack reconditioning, and access to cold storage to keep potentially lifesaving shipments safe.
- SenseAware® powered by FedEx: This first-of-its-kind monitoring technology provides near-real time visibility into a shipment while in transit. Comprised of a multi-sensor device and a web-based application, it monitors a shipment’s location, temperature, light exposure, relative humidity, barometric pressure and shock events.
For more information on FedEx Healthcare Solutions, visit www.fedex.com/tw_english/healthcare.
About FedEx Express
FedEx Express is one of the world’s largest express transportation companies, providing fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries and territories. FedEx Express uses a global air-and-ground network to speed delivery of time-sensitive shipments, by a definite time and date with a money-back guarantee.
About FedEx Corp.
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $58 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 400,000 team members to remain “absolutely, positively” focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. For more information, visit about.van.fedex.com/newsroom.
NOTE TO EDITORS: FedEx press releases are available on the World Wide Web at about.van.fedex.com/newsroom/asia-english.
 U.S. & Foreign Commercial Service and U.S. Department of State, “Doing Business in Taiwan: 2015 Commercial”, 2015.
 Ministry of Health and Welfare of Taiwan, “2014 National Health Expenditure”, 2016.
 Industrial Development Bureau, Ministry of Economic Affairs of Taiwan, “Biotechnology Industry in Taiwan 2015” Whitepaper.
 Subject to relevant terms and conditions.
You may also like:
June 17, 2019
More like this in Newsroom
December 13, 2016
More like this in blog