FedEx Freight Selects Technicians to Compete at SuperTech
Technicians Earn Top Honors in FedEx Freight Competition
MEMPHIS, Tenn., June 11, 2015—Twelve fleet maintenance technicians earned spots to represent FedEx Freight, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), at the industry-wide SuperTech competition. SuperTech is considered the premier skills competition for professional commercial vehicle technicians.
The FedEx Freight technicians advancing to SuperTech were selected through a company skills contest known as Top Wrench. The 12 finalists had the best results among more than 750 fleet maintenance technicians who participated.
Eric Vos, a technician in Boise, Idaho, earned top honors in the Top Wrench competition – his fourth first-place title. Additional top finishers include:
- Second place: Brian Blevins – Harrison, Ark.
- Third place: Kevin Roumpapas – Rochester, N.Y.
- Fourth place: Andrew Dilmuth – Jacksonville, Fla.
- Fifth place: Steve Willis – Denver, Colo.
- Sixth place: Larry Coatney – Harrison, Ark.
- Seventh place: Douglas Nickles – Rock Island, Ill.
- Eighth place: Mitchell Buelow – Fremont, Ind.
- Ninth place: Matthew Sloan – Jacksonville, Fla.
- 10th place: Mark Galliand – Baton Rouge, La.
- 11th place: Josh Nordick – Minneapolis, Minn.
- 12th place: Steven Scott – Fort Smith, Ark.
During Top Wrench, the technicians faced multiple rounds of competition, including written exams and hands-on skill challenges that tested their knowledge of engines, brakes, preventative maintenance, shop safety and more.
“These technicians are the best in their field, and we are proud to have them represent FedEx Freight at the national level,” said John Smith, senior vice president of Operations at FedEx Freight. “The Top Wrench and SuperTech competitions showcase and sharpen the skills our professional technicians use every day to ensure that we have one of the best-maintained fleets in the industry.”
The technicians will face competitors from across the industry at SuperTech 2015. The Technology & Maintenance Council of the American Trucking Associations (ATA) will host SuperTech Sept. 21-24 in Orlando, Florida.
You may also like:
September 20, 2017
More like this in blog