FedEx Helping Customers Gear up for the Busy Holiday Season
MEMPHIS, Tenn., December 1, 2008 – FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) is offering solutions to help its customers save time and money as they prepare to ship millions of precious holiday packages this holiday season.
“FedEx understands the unique needs of our customers and the trust they place in FedEx,” said T. Michael Glenn, FedEx executive vice president, Market Development. “With a broad array of services for almost every shipping need and price range, FedEx is well prepared to provide our customers with excellent service during the holidays and beyond.”
Save Money – With FedEx
Simple steps can be taken to save money when shipping and time when preparing items to ship. To help customers navigate this challenging economic environment, FedEx offers many ways to save money, including:
- Sign up for an account at fedex.com to save 16 percent off list prices on eligible FedEx Express® shipments and 8 percent on FedEx Ground® and FedEx Home Delivery® services when using FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com.
- Ship before Dec. 16, 2008 and use FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery Services for the most cost effective delivery. FedEx Home Delivery service connects virtually every residential address in the U.S. via our residential-only delivery network while offering Date Certain, Evening and Appointment delivery services to make shipping more convenient.
- Send your package via FedEx Ground from a FedEx Office location. FedEx Ground shipping rates at FedEx Office locations are up to 15 percent less than those at the UPS Store.*
- If you’ve missed early shipping deadlines, research the many options available via FedEx Express including the economical FedEx Express Saver and FedEx 2Day services.
- Package your shipment properly to minimize the weight and the cost of shipping.
- Drop off your FedEx Express shipments off at one of more than 51,000 FedEx drop off locations to avoid added surcharges. FedEx Ground packages can be dropped at more than 1,800 FedEx Office locations nationwide.
- Visit fedex.com to view possible savings with companies such as American Express, Google Checkout, GotVMail, Amazon Services, Pitney Bowes, QuickBooks, USAA and stamps.com.
- For quick and easy gift ideas, customers can customize holiday cards and calendars at FedEx Office locations with artwork from award-winning artists.
*Average based on a comparison of FedEx Ground rates at FedEx retail locations compared to The UPS Store ground retail rates for walk-in non-account holders.
Get It There in Time
As always, FedEx is ready and waiting to help holiday shoppers get their gifts delivered in time for the holidays. The last day to ship with FedEx Ground for delivery scheduled by Christmas is Wednesday, December 17, 2008. For last-minute shoppers, the last day to ship with FedEx Express is Tuesday, December 23, 2008 for delivery scheduled before Christmas.
FedEx Office provides customers with convenient, “one-stop” service for shipping and shopping needs this holiday season with more than 1,800 digitally-connected locations nationwide. These centers offer a full range of FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shipping options – complete with packaging services, supplies and unique holiday gift ideas such as holiday cards and calendars.
Ship and Pack it Right
Proper packaging can make all the difference in getting your important gifts and holiday items to their destination. FedEx customers should keep the following tips in mind when shipping this holiday:
- The earlier you ship, the shorter the lines.
Choose the Right Supplies
- Use sturdy boxes with flaps intact. For heavier items, use double-wall boxes. Don’t exceed the weight specifications for your box.
- Do not reuse boxes if at all possible. If reusing a box, make sure there are no holes, tears or corner dents, and remove any old labels. Consider placing the box within another box for additional protection.
- Make sure your box is large enough to put adequate padding around contents. Position your item in the center of the box and surround by cushioning such as bubble wrap, foam "peanuts,” densely packed shredded paper or foam pads. Use enough packing material – ideally one inch on all sides – so the item does not shift during transit.
- Use tape designed for packing, not duct or masking tape. Do not wrap the outer box with paper or string, which can get caught in automated processing equipment.
- FedEx Office offers a variety of the most popular packing supplies, including free FedEx shipping supplies for FedEx Express shipments. We also offer boxes, tape, bubble wrap and other essentials for purchase.
- Position the address label squarely on the largest surface, and provide complete sender and recipient addresses, including phone numbers and ZIP codes.
- Put the recipient’s address and your return address inside the box as well.
Call in the Experts
- When in doubt, ask for help. FedEx Office has expert shipping specialists trained in packing and shipping best practices.
- The more than 1,800 FedEx Office and Print Centers across the U.S. offer a full range of FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shipping options – with 24/7 service in many locations for the next scheduled pick up.
Avoid the lines
- You can print directly from your PC to our nearest FedEx Office location using FedEx Print Online. This way you’ll save the trip of ordering copies of your holiday flyers, invitations, custom greeting cards or other documents in person during this busy season.
Prepare Shipments Online
- Use FedEx Ship Manager and you can ship without leaving your home or office. To use, customers simply click the “Prepare Shipment Online” option under the “Ship” tab on the fedex.com U.S. home page, register as a user and follow the easy-to-use instructions. No extra software is required.
- Tracking a package with FedEx is easy and convenient. On average, more than 5.5 million package-tracking requests a day are handled on fedex.com.
Customers can go to the FedEx U.S. homepage, click on the tracking option at and supply the tracking numbers for up to 30 FedEx Express and/or FedEx Ground packages. FedEx will then supply real-time information about the package status and location in our delivery network.
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $39 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 290,000 employees and contractors to remain "absolutely, positively" focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. For more information, visit news.fedex.com.
You may also like:
January 21, 2019
FedEx and Rise Against Hunger Team Up to Pack 140,000 Meals on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service
More like this in Newsroom