FedEx Helping with Southeast Asia Relief Efforts
FedEx and its employees are deeply saddened by the devastation and loss of life caused by the earthquake and tsunamis that struck Asia and the east coast of Africa. The thoughts of everyone at FedEx are with the victims, survivors and loved ones of those affected by this disaster.
FedEx is working directly with several international relief organizations that are coordinating direct relief efforts, and is donating transportation services to help facilitate the distribution of medical supplies.
Our relief efforts include:
- Approximately 967,000 pounds of pharmaceuticals and first aid supplies to Sri Lanka (including two dedicated MD-11 planeloads of children’s medicine).
- Over 287,000 lbs. of pharmaceuticals, first aid supplies, personal hygiene kits and protective suits to Jakarta, Indonesia.
- 20,000 lbs of water purification systems and relief supplies to India.
- Over 9,000 lbs. of water purification systems and relief supplies bound for Thailand.
The company is currently supporting the efforts spearheaded by the following organizations:
- American Red Cross
- Convoy of Hope
- Direct Relief International
- Heart to Heart International
- International Aid
- Uplift International
Individuals wishing to provide assistance are encouraged to make monetary donations to the following two aid agencies which are providing immediate assistance to the victims. Details of how the funds will be used by these agencies can be found in their Appeal documents, posted on these websites. Donations can be made online by credit card at the following sites:
You may also like:
October 10, 2017
More like this in blog