FedEx Launches Third Annual FedEx Cares Week in EMEA
Brussels, Belgium, Sept. 10, 2012 — Team members across FedEx Express, the world’s largest express transportation company and a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), are gearing up to participate in the eighth annual FedEx Cares Week, which kicks off globally today. This is the third time employees from EMEA region (Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Indian subcontinent) will participate in the international volunteer campaign.
FedEx Cares Week offers team members valuable opportunities to give back to the local communities where they live and work. More than 4,000 FedEx employees around the globe are expected to participate donating their skills and time to valuable community service projects. In EMEA, employees from eleven countries (Belgium, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, India, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom) will lend a helping hand to those in need through a number of ways such as:
- Supporting local children’s hospitals by painting child-friendly spaces
- Participating in marathon to support local associations serving the homeless
- Organizing events to promote and encourage youth employment and mentoring opportunities
- Organizing blood donation drives, bakes sales and collection of food stuffs to support local charities
- Donating mobile phones to help fund local reforestation program
- Redecorating living spaces to help organizations benefitting children with diverse needs
“FedEx Cares Week is a testament to the generous spirit of our employees who believe that giving back to the community both as individuals and as a corporation is the right thing to do. And their attitude is infectious; friends, family members and corporate partners are eager to learn how they too can support our volunteer efforts,” said Andrew Self, vice president, Marketing and Communications, FedEx Express EMEA.
Volunteer activities at FedEx are complemented by the company’s robust commitment to corporate social responsibility. FedEx Express supports a number of charitable organizations in EMEA and around the world. For more information about FedEx Cares Week and the FedEx commitment to volunteerism and the communities it serves, please visit fedexcares.com.
You may also like:
December 6, 2018
More like this in Newsroom