FedEx Prepares to Help Make Mother’s Day Affordable, Hassle-Free and Extra Special for Mom
FedEx is ramping up operations in preparation for one of its busiest delivery periods of the year as an influx of flowers and gifts make the journey around the world to arrive in time for Mother’s Day. Using FedEx Express and FedEx Ground for affordable, on-time-delivery and FedEx Office for creative ideas on personalized gifts under $30 will help make this Mother’s Day unforgettable.
The Global Floral Network
FedEx plays an integral role in the global distribution of flowers, bringing millions of flowers into the United States from growers in Europe and Latin America. Throughout the weeks leading up to Mother’s Day, the global FedEx Express network will be shipping flowers from Ecuador, Colombia, Mexico and the Netherlands, both via overnight express and cool chain transport, into the United States.
A recent study by a leading university in Florida and commissioned by FedEx revealed that express transportation solutions, like FedEx Express, extend the vase life of fresh-cut flowers by an average of one to six days.
Many e-commerce flower and gift retailers have located fulfillment warehouses near the FedEx Express Super Hub in Memphis, TN and other FedEx hubs located throughout the country, allowing them to take last-minute orders and ensure that the freshest flowers are delivered on time for the holiday.
Show Mom Your Creative Side
This year, use the flexibility and ease of FedEx packing, shipping and personalized gift options to make Mother’s Day fun, easy and affordable.
While flowers are always a sure way to bring a smile to mom’s face, if she also treasures her "homemade keepsakes," FedEx offers some packaging tips to help our customers have the peace of mind that the decorated picture frames, macaroni necklaces, handprints in paint, and more are delivered safely and intact.
- When packaging the gift, it is important to keep a two-inch cushion of padding around the item. Use light-weight fillers like bubble wrap or Styrofoam peanuts to keep the items tightly in place. Shake the box – if you can feel or hear any movement, add more cushioning.
- You can never be too careful. Fragile gifts should be double boxed with additional cushioning of three- to four-inches depending on the item weight and cushioning material.
- Before sealing the boxes, include an extra label with your home address and phone number inside the package, just in case the outer label comes off.
- Don’t use just any tape to close the boxes. To seal your packages, use pressure-sensitive plastic tape—specially-labeled packing tape—that is at least two inches wide. Apply tape evenly across flaps and seams to both the top and bottom of the outer box.
FedEx Office also offers you the freedom to give gifts a creative touch. Personalized gift ideas are readily available at 1,600+ FedEx Office locations around the country. The following five gift ideas under $30 can be simply designed from family photos or kids’ art projects.
- Photo to Art Prints: Starting at just $24, you can have special family photos professionally printed with photographic quality on a variety of materials, such as photo paper, canvas, or watercolor paper.
- Personalized Keepsake Box: Capture precious moments in time on the cover of a keepsake box to enhance the place where Mom keeps her memories. The keepsake box is affordably priced at $29.99.
- Photo Calendar: Create a personalized calendar in a variety of styles with fun photos from family vacations or special celebrations. A 12-month calendar is available for $19.99 and an 18-month calendar is available for $24.99.
- Photo Apron: Help to keep Mom looking good while cooking with this personalized apron. Add a favorite photo and caption to create a custom apron, sure to warm the heart of any chef in your family, available for $19.99.
- Photo Magnets: Customize magnets for the family’s fridge with photos that make Mom smile. Prices range from $5.99 to $7.99.
- Additional Photo Services: Highlight the kids’ watercolor paintings or crayon drawings in custom stationery that mom can use throughout the year for notes and letters. Prices vary by location.
Customers can find the nearest FedEx Office location and learn more about personalized gift ideas at fedexoffice.com.
Most Important…Don’t Be Late
Once you’ve found or made that perfect gift, don’t risk missing mom’s special day. Make sure you keep key shipping deadlines in mind.
For procrastinators, FedEx Express will be making deliveries up to Friday, May 8, in time for delivery by Mother’s Day. As a more affordable option, ship FedEx Home Delivery by Tuesday, May 5.
You can also visit fedex.com for all of your packing and shipping needs. If you sign up for an account at fedex.com you can save 16 percent off list prices on eligible FedEx Express shipments and eight percent on FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery services when using FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com
You may also like:
February 1, 2019
More like this in Newsroom