FedEx Suite of Mobile Apps Makes Shipping Simpler for On-the-Go Customers this Holiday Season
December 20, 2011
MEMPHIS, Tenn., Dec. 20, 2011 – FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) has launched a range of new tools and expansions to the suite of FedEx Mobile applications just in time for the holidays, making shipping-on-the-go easier than ever this busy time of year.
In continuing efforts to meet the needs of its global shipping audience, the FedEx Mobile website has expanded to 206 countries and in 25 languages. Additionally, the FedEx Mobile app is now available for iPad® and AndroidTM users. With these additions, FedEx has significantly enhanced its suite of mobile solutions that already includes Mobile Shipping Label, an optimized fedex.com web experience for smartphones, and FedEx Mobile apps for the iPhone®, iPod touch and BlackBerry® smartphones.
“The way our customers work is changing and the way they need to interact with FedEx continues to evolve,” said T. Michael Glenn, executive vice president of Market Development at FedEx. “Our customers have asked for more convenient and simple ways to ship FedEx packages and these mobile expansions address those needs. The recent FedEx Mobile expansions are the latest in a line of web-based and mobile device solutions from FedEx that enable our customers to stay connected and efficient while on the road, particularly during the busy holiday season.”
With the new FedEx smartphone solutions and expansions, it’s even easier for customers to ship gifts and packages to loved ones. With FedEx Mobile, customers can:
· Create Labels and Ship Packages—With FedEx Mobile Shipping Label, customers can create shipments without needing a printer. This innovative service allows customers to create a shipping barcode on their smartphone that, when scanned at one of more than 2,500 U.S. FedEx Office® and FedEx Express World Service Centers, will generate a shipping label and enable customers to ship their package through the FedEx Express and FedEx Ground networks.
· Get Rates and Transit Times—Obtain accurate and reliable rate quotes and estimated delivery times.
· Track a Shipment Status—Access up-to-date details on your shipment’s status on your phone including when shipments are in-transit and delivered.
· Schedule a Pickup—Simply enter your address and shipment information and FedEx will come to you to pick up your packages.
· Find Locations—Use the “Find Near Me” function tolocate the nearest FedEx drop box, FedEx Express World Service Center or FedEx Office® location based on your GPS coordinates.
FedEx Mobile is now available for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch from the App Store in 118 countries and 11 languages. For Android users, the FedEx Mobile application is now available in Android MarketTM, and is offered in English in 120 countries. Additional countries and languages for Android users will also be available in the coming months. FedEx Mobile is also available for BlackBerry smartphones on BlackBerry® App World™ in 139 countries.
FedEx also offers FedEx Office® Print & Go, a smartphone solution that allows customers to access and print important documents while on the go. Through FedEx Office Print & Go, customers can send documents directly for printing on digital copy machines at FedEx Office locations across the U.S.
Visit fedex.com/mobilesolutions for additional information on all FedEx Mobile products and services.
About FedEx Corp.
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $41 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 290,000 team members to remain "absolutely, positively" focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. For more information, visit news.fedex.com.
Android and Android Market are trademarks of Google Inc.
The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.
You may also like:
January 21, 2019
FedEx and Rise Against Hunger Team Up to Pack 140,000 Meals on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service
More like this in Newsroom
June 26, 2018
More like this in Newsroom