FedEx to See Busiest Day of the Year on Monday, Dec. 15, 2008
More than 290,000 FedEx (NYSE: FDX) employees and contractors are checking their lists twice as they prepare to deliver millions of bundles of holiday cheer on the company’s busiest day of the year.
- FedEx has more than 300 miles of conveyor belts spread across 500 acres at it Memphis SuperHub. Before heading for their destinations, holiday packages sorted in the facility on Monday, Dec. 15, will travel the equivalent of . . .
- 264,000 average sized Christmas trees lined up end to end
- 2,562 regulation ice rinks
- 3,168,000 Candy Canes in a row
- Santa will commission FedEx’s fleet of nearly 672 jet-powered “reindeer” to make sure the holiday season goes on without a hitch. Specifically, a FedEx Express plane will touch down every 48 seconds on Monday the 15th making 1,822 stops as they deliver season’s greetings.
- 15 FedEx meteorologists will keep their eyes on the skies to help guide FedEx Express planes to more than 220 counties and territories around the world on Monday, Dec. 15.
- The Memphis Superhub will become Santa’s workshop as packages are expected to be processed and sorted at a furious rate of 139 per second.
- fedex.com will process an average of almost 5,000 customer tracking requests per minute throughout the month of December.
- Last day to ship for Christmas via FedEx Ground – Wednesday, Dec. 17, 2008
- Last day to ship for Christmas via FedEx Express – Tuesday, Dec. 23, 2008
B-roll is available for download at the following satellite coordinates:
This footage is free for unrestricted use. Broadcasters: please courtesy FedEx.
FEED DATE: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2008
FEED DATE: MONDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2008
FEED DATE: TUESDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2008
FEED DATE: WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2008
FEED DATE: MONDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2008
FEED DATE: TUESDAY, DECEMBER 23, 2008
FEED TIME: 1:00 – 1:30 PM ET (FED IN ROTATION)
COORDINATES: C-BAND: GAL 28/TRANSPONDER 12/ AUDIO 6.2 & 6.8 / DOWNLINK: 3940 (H)
Medialink Satellite Operations Trouble Line: 212-812-7134
****This story will be available on the Pathfire DMG****
Under Video News Feeds at Medialink
Story Number: 12NY08-0134
Story Slug: FedEx Busiest Day of the Year
Pathfire Technical Support: 1-888-345-0489
You may also like:
November 8, 2017
More like this in Newsroom