FedEx Upgrades Shipping Solutions for Imports
SHANGHAI, Oct. 31, 2018 — Right before the opening of the first China International Import Expo (CIIE), FedEx Express (FedEx), a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) and one of the world’s largest express transportation companies, announced an upgrade of a series of shipping solutions for China’s importers. The upgrades optimize the transportation process for imported goods and feature new technology and services that support the development of China’s import trade.
As one of the first multinational companies to be invited to the CIIE, FedEx looks forward to introducing innovative logistics solutions for import shipments at the expo. The solutions provide customers, both at home and abroad, with the intelligent logistics services needed to take full advantage of all the business opportunities generated by the CIIE.
“As a logistics provider, FedEx promotes global trade,” said Eddy Chan, senior vice president, Operations, FedEx China. “At FedEx, we are very honored to attend the CIIE. We look forward to supporting China’s importers and showcasing our cutting-edge logistics services to buyers from China and overseas.”
The upgraded FedEx shipping solutions for importers have been designed to meet the needs from the customers in the Chinese market. Aiming at streamlining the import process to improving the service experience for importers, FedEx has taken advantage of its global network, technology applications and rich customs clearance experience to develop tailored solutions, which include:
- Enhanced automation online shipping tools. FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com is a web-based shipping tool with new online import features. The system is a fully automated, efficient and straightforward solution for importers. Traditionally, the importer places the pickup order and then the exporter arranges the shipping of the imported goods. Now the importer can arrange the pickup of the import shipments directly online, choosing the shipping method and controlling the shipping costs, speed of pickup and delivery without calling the FedEx Customer Service hotline. They can create import shipping labels and customs documents online and share information with the suppliers without disclosing their own account data.
- Improved response time of “Reverse Pickup”. Now if a customer in China calls the FedEx Customer Service hotline to request to pick up an import shipment from other Asia Pacific markets, they can enjoy an improved response within two hours. The shipment can be picked up and shipped on the same day, and the recipient in China can receive the shipment next business day.
- Expanded Inbound B2C Clearance Solution. FedEx, together with China Customs, launched a “sunshine,” “one-stop” import customs clearance solution for cross-border e-commerce retail business (B2C). The advantage of this solution is that it provides a transparent and efficient clearance process that allows for quick transactions. Regardless of whether the import shipment is within or exceeding the tax limits for cross-border e-commerce import retail shipments, shipments can be released on the same day, giving both buyers and sellers an efficient, quick service experience. This program was first successfully implemented at the FedEx Guangzhou Gateway. Now it has been extended to the FedEx Beijing Gateway to benefit e-commerce customers in North China.
In order to continue to promote global trade and support the CIIE, FedEx has increased its investment in transportation networks and infrastructure.
- In January this year, FedEx opened its new Shanghai International Express and Cargo Hub at Shanghai Pudong International Airport. Covering an area of 134,000m2, the center is the largest facility of its kind at Pudong.
- In April this year, FedEx launched a new global flight route, which for the first time, connects the FedEx APAC Hub in Guangzhou, China and the FedEx World Hub in Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.A to meet shipping demand between Asia and North America.
- In August, FedEx launched another new flight route connecting FedEx Asia Pacific Regional Hub in Guangzhou with Hanoi, Vietnam.
- In 2017, FedEx introduced two new global flight routes connecting Shanghai with major cities in the U.S. and Europe.
The FedEx 180m2 booth at the CIIE will be located at the “Service Trade” section. With the theme of “Connecting People and Possibilities“, the FedEx booth was designed as a parking apron with a FedEx Boeing 777 aircraft. The scene fits in with the theme of the expo and gives visitors an immersive experience. A virtual reality (VR) experience zone will be set up in front of the Boeing 777 aircraft model, allowing the visitors to see the powerful operational capability of the FedEx Super Hub in Memphis and experience the efficient logistics operations enabled by the advanced express sorting system. On the body of the plane, 3-D imaging technology will showcase FedEx logistics solutions for the healthcare, e-commerce and automobile industries. In addition, FedEx will display some of the unique items the company has transported.
About FedEx Express
FedEx Express is one of the world’s largest express transportation companies, providing fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries and territories. FedEx Express uses a global air-and-ground network to speed delivery of time-sensitive shipments, by a definite time and date supported by a money-back guarantee.
About FedEx Corp.
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $67 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 425,000 team members to remain “absolutely, positively” focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. To learn more about how FedEx connects people and possibilities around the world, please visit news.fedex.com.
 Subject to relevant terms and conditions
You may also like:
March 11, 2019
More like this in Newsroom
February 14, 2019
More like this in Newsroom