FedEx Working with Global Charities to Deliver Aid to Haiti
January 15, 2010
FedEx team members are deeply saddened by the devastation caused by the January 12 earthquake in Haiti. The thoughts of everyone at FedEx are with the victims, survivors and loved ones affected by this disaster.
Because of severe damage caused by the earthquake, our operations have been suspended into and out of the island until further notice. All customer shipments are being held in Miami until we can resume operations.
In response to the earthquake in Haiti, FedEx is providing more than $1 million in cash and in-kind transportation to several global charities.
Cash grants totaling $425,000 are going to the following organizations:
- American Red Cross – in support of their International Relief Fund through which they will be able to provide lifesaving supplies and relief materials.
- Salvation Army – to answer immediate needs of feeding, sheltering, clothing, assistance with medical costs, funerals, counseling, direct financial aid, etc.
- Direct Relief International – to provide essential medicines, supplies, and nutritionals.
- Yele Haiti – to provide support for their work with local charities in Haiti.
- As part of the first wave of efforts FedEx is donating the cost of transporting nearly 500,000 pounds of relief supplies from the U.S. to Haiti in support of Heart to Heart, Direct Relief International, and Water Missions International. This also includes charter flight donations to global relief organizations including World Vision and the American Red Cross.
The best way to assist the Haitian people to recover from this disaster is to donate monetary support to a legitimate charitable organization. At the present time, FedEx is not able to accept relief shipments of aid collected by individuals or local organizations.
You may also like:
February 6, 2019
FedEx Express Strengthens Operations and Services with the Opening of New Ramp at Luis Muñoz Marin International Airport
More like this in Newsroom
November 15, 2018
More like this in blog