Five FedEx Drivers Earn Honors at the New Hampshire Truck Driving Championship
PEMBROKE, N.H. – June 9, 2014 – Five drivers representing FedEx Corporation (NYSE: FDX) operating companies placed among the top finishers at the 2014 New Hampshire State Truck Driving Championship in Pembroke on June 7.
- Peter Borges, a driver for FedEx Express based in Londonderry, earned his first state title by winning the 3-Axle class. He also took home the Grand Champion title for achieving the highest score among the winners of all classes and posted the highest score on the Written Exam. Borges was also awarded the Rookie of the Year honor.
- Gabe Benet, a driver for FedEx Freight based in Belmont, earned his second straight 4-Axle state title.
- FedEx Express driver Pat Osborn (Londonderry) won his first state title with a win in the Step Van class. He also posted the highest score in the Pre-Trip Inspection portion of the competition.
- Fellow Londonderry-based FedEx Express driver Sean Marden took home the second-place trophy in the Step Van class.
- Paul McNutt, a driver for FedEx Express based in Londonderry, placed third in the Straight Truck class.
Borges, Benet and Osborn will go on to compete at the American Trucking Associations’ 2014 National Truck Driving Championships (NTDC), known as the “Super Bowl of Safety,” Aug. 12-16 in Pittsburgh. In addition, each state winner will be recognized by FedEx as part of its safe driving initiative, The Chairman’s Challenge.
“Our team is dedicated to staying safe on the road,” said Frederick W. Smith, chairman, president and CEO, FedEx Corp. “The accomplishment of these participants at the New Hampshire state championship demonstrates the professionalism and dedication to safety found throughout the entire FedEx organization.”
The New Hampshire State Truck Driving Championship is an opportunity for professional truck drivers to demonstrate their driving skills and safety expertise. The event includes a difficult driving-skills challenge, pre-trip inspection and written examination covering vehicle operation and knowledge of federal safety regulations.
In 2013, 132 driving professionals from 46 states representing FedEx Freight, FedEx Ground, FedEx Express and FedEx SupplyChain qualified to compete at the National Truck Driving Championships by winning their respective state's competition and driving accident-free for at least one year. Three FedEx drivers captured National Champion titles in the Flatbed, 3-Axle and Step Van classes. Nine other FedEx drivers earned top-three finishes in their respective vehicle classes.
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $45 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world's most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 300,000 team members to remain "absolutely, positively" focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. For more information, visit news.fedex.com.
You may also like:
October 30, 2019
Enhancements to FedEx International First Service Helps Asia Pacific Businesses Connect Faster to More Markets
More like this in Newsroom
February 11, 2019
More like this in blog