Mark Your Calendars! Last Day to Ship FedEx Express for Delivery Before Christmas in the U.S. is Dec. 23
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Procrastinators, take note—the last day to ship holiday packages via FedEx Express for delivery before Christmas in the United States is Monday, Dec. 23.
For added convenience, FedEx Express station counters will offer extended hours. They will also be open Sunday, Dec. 22, to better accommodate customers’ holiday shipping needs, allowing them more time to pick up an important package being held at a local facility.
Customers can visit fedex.com/us/holiday/ for specific FedEx holiday schedules and transit times.
FedEx is offering a range of convenient holiday shipping options this season, designed to help save time and money during this busy gift-giving season.
- FedEx Express: FedEx Express has a range of speeds and price-points for all of the gifts you’re shipping. FedEx Express will accept packages for pre-Christmas delivery in the U.S. as late as Monday, Dec. 23.
- FedEx One Rate: This newly-introduced flat rate pricing option allows customers to ship a package with time-definite FedEx Express service with a predictable rate.
- Step 1: Choose a box from the FedEx Express free packaging options
- Step 2: Choose a destination anywhere in the U.S.
- Step 3: Choose the day and time you want the package delivered
- FedEx SameDay and SameDay City: For those truly last-minute gifts, consider FedEx same-day delivery services. FedEx Express has been offering same-day delivery options across the U.S. for more than a decade. With FedEx SameDay City, you can save money while still enjoying same-day delivery—and there is no limit on shipment weight. This service is available in 20 major metro areas.
- FedEx Office Pack & Ship: Not sure how to pack your gift, or running out of time? FedEx Office offers expert Pack & Ship services that take the hassle, confusion and stress out of perfectly packing up your gifts this season.
- FedEx Delivery Manager: Customize the delivery of packages coming to your home this holiday season with FedEx Delivery Manager. It’s an intuitive, digital suite of options that allows you to take an active role in the delivery of packages, including scheduling your home delivery, or using the “hold at location” option to pick up your package at a FedEx Office store or a FedEx Express station counter when it’s convenient for you.
“Procrastinators don’t need to worry about belated gifts this holiday season,” said Kim Dixon, EVP and Chief Operating Officer, FedEx Office. “FedEx Office team members can help customers choose from an entire suite of packing solutions and FedEx Express shipping options to help them get their holiday gifts out on time.”
For more information, please visit fedex.com/us/holiday.
About FedEx Corp.
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $45 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world's most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 300,000 team members to remain "absolutely, positively" focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. For more information, visit news.fedex.com.
You may also like:
January 22, 2019
More like this in Newsroom