Safe Kids Worldwide Provides Walking Safety Tips for Kids
SHANGHAI, August 31, 2011 — With a new school semester about to start, Safe Kids Worldwide (Safe Kids), a global nonprofit organization, reminds the parents and drivers of the safety of child pedestrians. The end of August is the peak season for kids returning to school, and Safe Kids Worldwide calls for extra attention to road safety from both students and drivers.
“Before new semester begins, the parents should proactively spend time in communicating with their children about road safety,” said Monica Cui, executive director, Safe Kids China. “We suggest the parents walk with their children between home and school and choose a safe route.”
Safe Kids suggests the following ways to improve safety for child pedestrians:
Safe Walking (Children):
· Choose a safe route between home and school with the least chance of crossing roads
· Put a reflector on the schoolbag to increase visibility and extend time of protection
· Make an Emergency Contact Card with efficient information
Slow Down (Parents)
· Draw a map of a safe waiting area with your children
· Limit speed to 30 kilometers per hour in the school zone and 5 kilometers in the residential areas
· Check the car before starting the engine to ensure that no children are around
FedEx has supported Safe Kids and its Walk This Way program since 1999. The program focuses on child pedestrian safety and has spread to more than 600 schools around the world. Every day, there are more than 90,000 FedEx vehicles in operation around the world, and FedEx is committed to protecting pedestrian safety.
For more information on safe walking, please visit: http://www.safekidsworldwide.org
About FedEx Express
FedEx Express is one of the world’s largest express transportation companies, providing fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries and territories. FedEx Express uses a global air-and-ground network to speed delivery of time-sensitive shipments, by a definite time and date with a money-back guarantee*.
* Subject to relevant terms and conditions
About Safe Kids Worldwide
Safe Kids Worldwide is a global network of nonprofit organization, whose mission is to prevent unintentional childhood injury, a leading killer of children ages 14 and under. Based on the
You may also like:
December 14, 2017
More like this in blog