Seven FedEx Drivers Earn Honors at the Vermont Truck Driving Championship
PEMBROKE, N.H. – June 4, 2012– Seven drivers representing FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) operating companies placed among the top finishers at the 2012 Vermont State Truck Driving Championship in Pembroke, N.H. on June 2.
- Christopher Novak, a driver for FedEx Express based in Williston, captured his fifth state title with a win in the Flatbed class.
- Cass Bresette, a contractor for FedEx Custom Critical based in Barre, earned first place in the 5-Axle Sleeper class for this third straight state title.
- Craig Kerwick, an Alburgh-based contractor for FedEx Custom Critical, attained first place in the Step Van class.
- David Fountain a driver for FedEx Express in Williston, posted second-place in the 3-Axle class.
- Bellows Falls-based FedEx Freight driver Rob Weller was second in the Tank Truck class.
- Shelly Bresette, a contractor for FedEx Custom Critical based in Barre, took home the second-place trophy in the Straight Truck class.
- FedEx Freight driver Jeremiah Jarvis (Montpelier) was third in the Twins class.
Novak, Cass Bresette and Kerwick will go on to compete at the American Trucking Associations’ 2012 National Truck Driving Championships (NTDC), known as the “Super Bowl of Safety,” August 7-11 in Minneapolis, Minn. In addition, each state winner will be recognized by FedEx as part of its safe driving initiative, The Chairman’s Challenge.
“The entire team of drivers representing FedEx is dedicated to safety. It is an integral part of everything they do,” said Frederick W. Smith, chairman, president and CEO, FedEx Corp. “The performance of these participants at the Vermont championship is a testament to their commitment to safety excellence.”
The Vermont State Truck Driving Championship is an opportunity for professional truck drivers to demonstrate their driving skills and safety expertise. The event includes a difficult driving skills test, pre-trip inspection and written examination covering vehicle operation and knowledge of federal safety regulations.
In 2011, 115 driving professionals from 45 states representing FedEx Freight, FedEx Ground, FedEx Express, and FedEx Custom Critical qualified to compete at the National Truck Driving Championships by winning their respective state’s competition and driving accident-free for at least one year. One FedEx competitor captured the National Champion title in the Step Van class. In addition, FedEx drivers earned nine additional top-three finishes in their respective vehicle classes.
You may also like:
October 25, 2017
More like this in blog